
The Kremlin? Check.
Moscow metro? Check.
Building with dead guy? Check (from the outside).
Exiting club and making way home during morning rush hour? Check.
Day at one of the best beaches on this island? Check... well, almost.
So now that I have done everything possible and seen all the sights I can continue on the journey east. Tomorrow I have a upper platzcart for train 80 from Moscow to Ekaterinburg (old name Sverdlovsk, for those lovers of CBRN history). So that means I have the upper bed in the lowest class on Russian trains, which is quite nice actually. But back to the city that never sleeps...
Moscow, the place of power and money. There is those with it and those without it. Both sides are clearly represented even in the heart of Moscow, with official black cars, limos and homeless people mingling in the chaos that is Moscow rush hour. When the day starts to end and the night begins, chauffeured cars drop off the lucky ones at clubs wearing more money then I will use in the next year. Across the street the unlucky ones find places in metros and hallways to pass out. But even his somber fact still can't make Moscow a less attractive place to visit.
Moscow is beautiful, anonymous, hectic, historic, dirty, glitzy all in the one go. There is something for everyone. I have loved every moment of it, from waiting two hours to book a train ticket (bring something to do), clubbing at five in the morning to buying breakfast pastries from someone who speaks no english. One thing is for sure, this is a place to spend money.
I'm looking forward to the next part of the journey. No 'face control' at the door of the train, just basic living with with locals, passing time, waiting for Sverdlovsk to come into view. What can be wrong with life on a train, watching Russia pass by, full of fresh tea and three books to keep me company? And when the train stops, I'm on the border of Europe and Asia.
Just to prove I was there:

Some have been lost a bit longer then others...

The typical Moscow street scene:

RANDOM FACT GENERATOR:
Where can you find the following:
- Coctails (really good ones)
- Free WIFI
- Mac's for sale
- iPod's for sale
- Mac's for rent
- Food
- all this 24/7...
iClub, a coctail bar/Mac store in St. Petersburg
What could possibly be better then buying a Mac at five in the morning after 'a few' coctails.
1 comment:
Post a Comment